Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Panzer

EricD

Picked this up today with the blade and brinley. 7HP Briggs engine turns over and seems to have compression but that's about as much as I know right now. I found out it was sold locally in 1966. It's a T75. The serial # on the Brinley plow is not completely legible, but reads, B-66 592 The two digits between the second 6 and 5 are unreadable. Any idea's? [img]/club2/attach/ericd/040405054914.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ericd/040405054934.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ericd/040405055134.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ericd/040405055008.JPG[/img]

eric-I owened one of these back in the 60s and seems like somehow a neighbor of mine ended up with it. It had a belly mower and the rear end was a plymouth rear end with the housing and axles shortened to fit the tractor. Also was strictly belt drive with no transmission. Does this sound right? BTW my neighbor recently died and his wife says she is going to have a big auction and maybe I'll end up with the old Panzer again.

Eric, I have 2 of these tractors. One is a 1965 and it is restored and I just got a 1963 and I need to start working on it. I have found one source for parts and he seems to have most parts you would need. Call Dandy Sales Inc. (413) 267-3697. I get a lot of comments on my panzer as they are few and far between here in wisconsin. They are neat old tractors with the plymouth rear end in them. Good luck on your new project.

Dandy sales is located in Monson, MA 01057. He was a great help when I got the parts for my first panzer project.

Mike I'd love to have a look at some photos if you get a chance. Mopar rear end, belt drive sounds right sandyhillbill. I had a neighbor when I was a kid that had one in nice working condition. It was the same blue color that is apparent in spots on the one that I have. I still haven't had a chance to tinker with it at all yet. Sold a Broadmoor to a young man (11yrs old or so) and his parents from Ellington today and encouraged him to join our little club. He picked up a honey of a deal with his first tractor being a Wonderboy 700, for $5. I think he might have been rooked because he was only able to use it and win tractor pulls at his local 4H club for a year before the first major repair;) It was nice seeing his enthusiasm for our Simple Tractors.:)

• 2 weeks later...
They also made a narrow-front/tricycle steer model.. Believe they were all made in Maryland and some in Virginia, even though it says Pennsyvania on tractor.

Marion, If I had been on here, one Sunday a while back, I would of had one of the tricycle models!!! It was on E-bay, was local, and had a $20 buy it now price. Sure hurt missing that one.

Well, I met Jim and his wife from Monson today. They are now the proud owners of the rig you see posted in this thread. You couldn't meet a nicer couple and they seemed quite knowledgeable as well. We had a nice talk about this and that tractor related. They mentioned a couple tractor shows - one coming up on Somers CT next month. They should be sending me some info on it soon. I'll be trying to get to Somers for that show. I told them about our club and hopefully they'll be checking it out.