Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 720 - Onan air filter

JeffG

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket (ie, K&N or the like) replacement air filters for a 20hp Onan? Onan wants $40.00 for an air filter.

Sandy_Lake_Imp
PLEASE let me know if you find a source- We feel we should wear a mask each time we sell the OEM !!!

Amen, SLI. I feel the same way when I sell one. However I doubt they will ever available aftermarket, because it is a diminishing market with these old engines, and aftermarket people usally only hitch to a rising star. Al

I am in the process of converting an OEM filter by removing the filter part from the oem part and adding a bolt to to the part that goes in the housing and then useing the measurements from the filter part and have napa find a filter and just bolt it in theoem housing form the outside it will look just like the original Scyrell New

stevejj56
Hi Jeff, I have great news for you. Yes there is an air filter available for your AC720. I just bought a 720 myself last year. I also sell "Baldwin" filters and just for the heck of it I checked to see if Baldwin made a filter and sure enough they do. The number is PA2347. It sells for around $18.00. If you cannot find a dealer in your area send me an e-mail and we can make arangements to send you some. Baldwin has the oil filter for $6.40 also in the event your interested. Dan[A href='DLSCHUSS@AOL.COM']DLSCHUSS@AOL.COM[/a]

Great news! How do I found out if I do have Baldwin dealers in SE Ohio? What's your e-mail address, I need to place the order. Thanks, Dan. Jeff

Dan, Baldwin wouldn't happen to make air filters and oil filters for the new Kohler OHC 18 hp engine in the new Sovereigns would they?? Thanks, Roy

Dan , That's good news. If they make the air filter for the 4040 list also and your email address . Eldon

FiremanRon
Eldon, my catalog doesn't show a number for the 4040. If you have a number from the filter in the tractor now e-mail me at dlschuss@aol.com with that number and Ill see if I can come up with a replacement and price. Dan

Eldon and Dan: As far as I know the Simplicity 4040, 4041, Pow'r Max and the AC 620 (later the 720) all use the same filters. They should, they all have the same Onan CCKB engine. Dan: Please post your e-mail address. I also would be interested in purchasing a couple of air filters and several oil filters. If you wish you can just e-mail me direct. Gosh, if you place an order to Baldwin for a whole bunch of these oddball filters, they're going to wonder what in the world is going on!

Al_Mangani
I have been using the Baldwin filters on 720, 4041,9020 for quite a few years. They work just fine and are so much more reasonable. I had a hard time getting the numbers to cross but I did finally succeed thanks to a great Baldwin dealer in Augusta, Ga. I had put these numbers up some time ago on the page for others; maybe you missed it. Roy

• 10 months later...
As far as I know,Baldwin is the only one who makes a filter for the 720. Their number is PA2347. NAPA doesn't even have it in the system. If you have trouble finding one, let me know as I can get them.