Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dav

points and weights

dav
A couple of weeks ago I asked club members about points for a Tecumsah motor. A chap I met claimed they were unavailable but club members pooh-poohed that statement. I went to the next closest small engine repair shop(I wont do business at the nearest) and he found a set. Said the last set of those points he sold was over 25 years ago! There was a liberal amount of dust on the box. That didn't cure the problem. So I am going to put an auto coil on the tractor like I had to do on my Big Ten. I need to get this Sears tractor out of my greenhouse quickly. So many other projects are waiting to be done! But anyhow, the chap who said "no points" said he had wheel weights. And he does. Haven't seen the 25 pounders he claims yet but I have seen the 75 pound weights. they are plastic coated and are in good shape-not cracked or scuffed up. He wants $150 for the pair. If any club member wants to talk with him, I will give your phone no. to him and you can haggle with him.. He is in southern New Hampshire. The 3 to 5 inches of snow predicted for here yesterday never fell. Guess it's finally time to put the cold weather implements away and mount the tiller.