Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can you identifiy this Tiller?

This is a tiller a friend of mine has on his 7016. Also included is a picture of a part he needs to replace. Does anyone know what MFG number this tiller is?

This is the part he needs to replace or fix. Do you know what part number this is?

Sure looks ruff! It looks like a 30 inch or 32 inch tiller for the old landlord 101`s. Check the what fits section you should beable to get a model number. Looks as if some painted it a wheel horse color and put a flap on the back of it.

Thank you it's a 990174 - 32" tiller. The cross reference compares it to a 990392, which has a difference cover; I assume that these are the same besides the cover.

If the reason he is replacing the part is the worn pin hole, I have heard that you can put a piece of round brass (maybe copper) stock in the hole then weld it The weld won't stick to the brass (copper). You then have your hole without having to re-drill. Can't hurt to try...

How can you tell the model number if it is not on the tiller?? I have two tillers without model numbers and I need to get the right size belts. I am not sure which way to turn. JH

John, I devised the above by the following: 1) The above tiller is the only rounded cover which simplicity made. 2) The mechanism matches the photograph in the manual. 3) RayS above confirmed this is a 30/32" tiller. (Problem was my friend kept insisting it was a 36", that through me off.) You can find all the mfg numbers in the "What Fits" section then compare what they look like in the manuals. Good luck. If you photograph it and paste it, I'll try to help compare it.

Yep, thats the same 32" HD tiller i tilled the garden with the other week with my 725. My bearings are worn out, and the tines hit the hitch, but with a modified one it worked good. Looks like tines have been added to that one, might be a 36" now. Theres only supposed to be 2 on each side.

My friend said it's a 42" now with the extensions. He's got a bend in one of the shafts and as you mights of saw the holes are elongated. I'd say that roto-tiller was well used.

get the model numbers u think it is and then got to the mannuals section and down load the pdf file, then look at the diagrams to see it it matches you tiller.

Seems strange to me how all the tines hit the ground at the same time in the second picture. Strange enough I went out and looked at mine, which are timed to touch in an off-set fashion.

michaelg221 Check out this post for a tiller on ebay by a member like the one you are looking for parts. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/post.asp?method=Edit&REPLY_ID=114317&TOPIC_ID=30448&FORUM_ID=7[/url]

MPH, Yes those tines are funky. Who ever had it before welded it. You might see the welds in the above picture. My friend has some work ahead with this.