Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wantedinct

Workin the johnny bucket....

Kokomo
Great pictures, do the extra rear tires make a big difference? How much weight do you have on the rear, liquid in the tires and etc. I have a J-bucket on my Allis 918 and broke the rod that lifts the bucket the first month I had it. I was lowering the bucket when it broke. I have not been able to solve this problem; have you had a similiar situation? I am thinking about seeing if I can put a lift arm on the other side of the tractor and using two rods to lift and lower the bucket. I do not know if a lift rod from a tractor with lift manual would fit if I installed it on my tractor and put a lift arm on both sides of the tractor. Of course if it would I would have to but another lift arm on the bucket. I really like my bucket I just want downward pressure and at present I am using a chain to lift the bucket. Bob in Kokomo

WantedInCT, Is that in North Haven CT? That's some hill.

RickS
Bob, I would contact the Johnny Bucket people. I cannot believe you loaded the bucket with enough weight to break the lift arm. If I had to guess, there must have been a flaw in the lift arm metal. A small air pocket, or crack. If you do a search on this site and on the Johnny Bucket site you will find people stating how they abused the bucket. Based on that I think your lift arm was defective. Give Johnny Bucket a call what do you have to lose? Rick.......

wantedinct
Kokomo, the duel wheels make all the difference, it's much more stable. For weight, all i have on it is 4 suitcase weights & a set of wheel weights. As for the lifing rod, yes I have snapped 2 of them until I made one out of half inch round stock. michaelg221, yes that is in North Haven. toad270, yeah, I think your right it is going to take some time. But I already filled quite a bit of it.

JoeJ
:DReally great pics!! Like Marty said, that one peekin over the bank is real cool!! I would think John would welcome these for his site too. A pretty good testament to his workmanship and quality.