Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electrical , AC 310 to AC 716, ???????????

Kokomo

I have a 716 without an engine and I have a 310 that is complete, expect for the key switch. I hope to take the 10hp Kohler from the 310 and wiring harness and put in the 716. I assume that the 716 had a Briggs engine in it, as the key switch in it is a different plug in arrangement than the 310. The information I have on the 310 kohler 5 pin single plug is follows: Red wire -- From battery-to-???–to-Amp Gauge–to-Key Switch. Yellow wire -- to magic box with heat sink Black wire -- to coil Blue wire -- to transmission safety switch-to-relay. Red wire -- ?Ground?(small bar attached to dash). The 716 has individual pins for individual wires and I have no idea where they go, as the wires are cut. I would like to start the 10hp Kohler while it is still in the 310 without ‘hot wiring’ it. Does anyone have the information to hookup the 716 key switch to the 310 key switch plug? Does anyone have the Simplicity part number for a key switch that would work and I could put in the 716 and use the 310 Kohler wiring harness? Bob in Kokomo

I took the wiring from my 712, and put it in the 410, without alterig a thing, other than skipping the safety switches. I have a wiring diagram for the 712 if it helps, should tell you eveything you need to know if the keyswitch is labelled. This will most likely be the same with the 310. The small board attached to the dash where the wire goes, is not ground. That is for the lights, or other accessories like electric lift/clutch.

i have never seen a red wire that was a ground. i would look at red wire again. the one you had mark this way. red wire-?ground?[smallbar attached to dash] good luck. i set a 16hp twin cyl B&S IN A 416 A/C that had a blowed 16 kolher. had to a lot rewiring. i used the same switch. jj

My AC716 had a Kohler. I now have a B/S. Just followed the diagram for a Simplicity to wire it.

Maxtorman, I am in the process of checking the wiring of the 710 to my 310. The pins on the switch are marked I, A, D, and I think R. Could you see if R is correct. I have located the original key switch, which is broken and rusty, I can not read the pin letters as the switch is to rusty. The key switch plug on my 716 is totally different than your 710, however, the wiring on my 310 is close if not the same as you 710. Bob in Kokomo

"R" should go to the regulator. "I" to the ignition coil, "A" to the terminal board, and I dont see a "D", but could it be a "B"? B goes to the ammeter, and the last remaining one goes to the solenoid. The switch on my 310 is different too, but I think the wiring is the same on it, ill have to go check. Which is the good keyswitch? if its the one in the 310, would a picture help?

Maxtorman, Do to information I was able to figure out, what I believe to be the correct pin information for the switch in my 310. I ordered a switch yesterday from a local repair shop, after looking through a manual on different switches. When I found the arrangement I was looking for, it said the switch was used by Simplicity. This is pin arrangement of the switch I ordered: Black Red Coil Term. Board (I) (A) Blue | | Solenoid | Red Yellow Battery Regulator (D) (R) or (H) | | Thank you, Bob in Kokomo