Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My Mikey Bucket - Updated

Mike

Just a pic of my homemade bucket. Just copied the dozer blade mount and went from there. I used it all last fall and I just got around to painting it now. I use one rope to tip the bucket and just drop the bucket to snap it into place.

Here's a better picture of the latch

MPH - the ears stop the forward bucket travel, btw I'll be in Sterling, AK this summer, I'll wave, I think it is a long way from Tok

Mike, That looks great. Could you post some more pictures. And even better pictures of it mounted on your tractor in action. I just got a Johnny Bucket and can't wait to use it. Rick..........

Could you please post some more pictures of the latch. That is a great looking bucket. John H

Good looking bucket nice work. I have been thinking about building one. I want to make a aluminum bucket with a bolt on cutting edege. I figure it will be easier to lift and won't be as much stress on the spindles.

Nice work Mike! That looks great. Ito would like to see some more pictures. Thanks for sharing that with us.

What you gonna be doing in Sterling Mike? Beautiful down there, all kinds of Salmon to kill. Hmmm, maybe I should pm you my cell phone #, just in case you see any 'junk' laying around. Its 500 plus miles from here, little far to go just too rubber neck, but I'd try to remember to check the oil before I left to get a tractor..Let me know...

A good friend of mine has a small fish camp there. He spends the winters back here taking care of his elderly folks and their farm.He heads back in May to AK, been telling him for years I'll get there. This is the summer to go. Also my cousin staked out a homestead and built a cabin somewhere near the base of Mt McKinnly and I want to check that out.

I like that latch. I think I have one similar to it on a shelf. (maybe even more than one). It is a latch for a shed door with extra added, right?

It is a homemade latch. Just used some square stock that fit thru some square tubing and added the spring.

mike, there is a small triangle piece that comes off the side near the bottom. Sorry for the ignorance but what is that for? looks to be about 3/4" w 3/4" l. Real nice work.

All i can say is that mine isn't comming out that nice. Great job. I mite steal your idea for the latch, seems to be better and easyer. Elon

;)Boney, I'm going to bet that is a dump stop. I think it will hold the bucket in a position to let him push off what he has just dumped.