Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Johnny Bucket Vs Hydro Lift

Boney

I understand that the Johnny Bucket would cost me about $550. To you guys that have the Hydro systems how much has it cost you? I am not a welder :( I am interestted in the cost of either a new of used system. Thank you.

I overpaid to get a hydrounit, because it's still sitting in the garage. I paid $300 inc shipping. As for a Johnny Bucket, from what I am reading those are nice tools. As Maynard (UCD) is indicating, these are mutually exclusive. We should probably back up and confirm you are speaking about the "Hydrolift" verses the very rare Loader. Then again you are a welder. If you are speaking of the hydrolift verses a manual lift, then from what I hear the hydro unit has a lifting limit, but it is definitely better than a manual lift arm. Hope that helps.

UCD sorry I wasnt too clear. I would like to know about how much it cost to put a hydro bucket similar to a Johnny Bucket unit on my 725. While I like the Johnny Bucket I would like the up/down force of the hydro bucket. Thnx

I still don't understand what you getting at the Johnny Bucket can be used with a hydro lift tractor I have A Johnny bucket on the HB-116 with hydro lift and I have down pressure Just depends on what lift rod you use The one that comes with the bucket is a solid rod and will provide down pressure. The going price for a hydro lift for the older Sovereign and B series is around $300.00 plus shipping. All of the ones I have seen on ebay have been bringing that + - a few dollars The thing to look out for is if the pump pulley and the cyl. mounting bracket come with it. The manual lift Hydrostatic tractors can have hydro lift added using the hydro pump. I can not tell you what they cost as I have not seen any on ebay. The Johnny bucket cost around $500/$550. One of the members has one for sale in the classifieds. A bucket loader will cost you $1500 + the cost of shipping and installation, if you can find one.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I think the problem is with my lack of knowledge about the terminology to use. Is a bucket loader like a Johnny Bucket but with the use of Hydro Lift and tilt of the Bucket ? UCD is there a pic here of that B-166 with the set up you are talking about? Thanks for all the help.

A bucket loader uses it own independent hydraulic pump on the older tractors connected to the front pto shaft. HB-116 with Johnny bucket

Rob-b's AC B-112 WITH A L-112 LOADER [img]/club2/uploaded/Rob-B/loader2.gif[/img]