Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity707

I went to look at a couple of Simplicitys sitting in a barnyard this afternoon. One was a Broadmoor 717 and the other one was a Broadmoor 738. They were sitting next to a falling apart barn on concrete in the middle of a barnyard. The 717 was complete except for the deck. The 738 was another story. The engine was seized, the transmission was completely froze up and it was in pretty bad shape. It a good 36" deck. The 717 was in much better shape. The motor turned over, it pivoted in the middle and went into all gears. The tire on the front left was shot, but it had hubcaps that were in good shape. I was told they had been there for about 20 years if not more. Now I have to see how much they are! How many of you guys have found Simplicitys sitting in old barns or barnyards? Thanks, Dave P.

I found my 2010 simplicity, B-12 Allis, 2 mower decks,front blade and snow thrower in one barn. The 2010 had not run in 4 or 5 years and the B-12 was used for parts for the 2010. Both tractors are now running and being used. The guy I bought them from was cleaning out his barn and wanted $250.00 for the whole pile. The 2010 only needed a spark plug and a good cleaning and it ran great. The B-12 needed all 4 tires, front rims, a cylinder head, bevel gear box and a carb but the engine runs like a top. Both tractors had hydro lift units on them also.

Only one person has found one sitting in a barn?? Thanks to the people who posted.

What, do I have a lot of people mad at me or is it because I didn't pay my dues and people look at that and see that i'm probably not a good person??

David Well I for one am not mad at you, but I can't figure out why you haven't paid your dues and joined in on all of the fun....;):D

quote:
Originally posted by simplicity707
What, do I have a lot of people mad at me or is it because I didn't pay my dues and people look at that and see that i'm probably not a good person??
Why would you think that? is it because only a few people replied? I think if you go thru the arcives you'll find post from lots of members who only had a few replies. I know I had a few. I know your just a high school kid, but I think you could find a way to get the $10 for dues. Especially now with mowing season. I bet you could mow just one lawn and get the money. Dont think I'm trying to mean or any thing. You have been around long enough to know what your missing. As for the question at hand, I have not bought any tractors that I spotted. I have seen a few but wasn't able to stop yet. I do however plann to at some point. Most of mine have come from members. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by simplicity707
I think the title of the post has alot to do with it...Alot of people here don't seem to have alot of interest in the small frame tractors and skip alot of the post dealing with them...Plus this time of year alot of people are buisy getting their tractors ready for cutting grass and spring cleaning ect.. I for one don't care whether your a member or not as far as replying to your post and I think that is speaking for most everyone here...I for one have been buisy with spring cleaning ect. and have not been replying to post that are just chit chat type post...If you was looking for some info and I knew the answer I would of replied... By the way...I don't think its any of us thats mad at you,I think its you mad at us..Otherwise you would just let the Membership bull go and forget it...

Good work David.. I just got my 738 going. Pretty much fun. I hope the parts worked out for you. What else do you need?

This again, Been here done this before. Forgot about it once maybe twice. David, You really need to forget about this dues thing and who's mad at who. We don't need to hear about this "do I have a lot of people mad at me or is it because I didn't pay my dues" again. I for one have been very busy outside and inside along with most everyone else on this site. And more than likely don't have the time to answer every post on here. But to answer your question about tractors. I have found a couple tractors out by a barn along with a unused snowthrower attachment and a used push blade all for $50