Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

leot

3212V

leot
Can anyone give me information on this tractor? Is it a hydro or manual? It has a "sort of" 3 point lift. Is it hydralyic or maunal. What engine typically comes with this. I have a chance to pick it up for free. I don't know if it is in running condition. Any idea on value? looking for a tractor for a snow plow thanks leo

Kent
It's a manual transmission with variable speed control -- the "V" in the model number. Hydraulic lift was optional. It came with a 12 HP Briggs -- the "12" in the model number. Regardless of it's value, at that price how can you pass it up?

HubbardRA
If you went to buy a new tractor that will do the work that this one is capable of, you will probably have to pay $6000+ to get it. If this tractor is in good shape and you try to sell it, you will probably get $750 or less. The worth of the tractor depends on you. If you want a work machine, it is worth a lot. If you are just looking to make a buck, you won't make any killings. If you don't want it let me know. Scranton is within driving distance. I would definitely drive that far for a free tractor like this. After all I only have three Simplicity/ACs at the moment. I have a 3-speed, a hydro, and a shuttle, but I don't have a varidrive. It would be a nice addition to "my" collection.

It's worth about $100 or free. I've got four tractors now. Then if something broke, it's worth it's parts. Which then you need to add in your effort, time, shipping and your time when dealing; so what's that worth? Does this have a rare part on it? Bottom line, it's worth what someone will pay. Free well, it's worth it.

UCD
Like Al Eden says "It's free value accordingly" You can't get any cheaper unless the guy will deliver it so it has got to be worth something more than the price you are paying. Old horse trader saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

ka9bxg
I have one that my father bought new in 1970 It has been a great tractor I did have to rebulid the engine on it 2 years ago.But you do have to understand what we did to the poor thing.We used it for hauling out logs from the woods the logs were 18 inches and 16 foot long we cut the grass for over 25 years 1 1/2 acres and worked up a 1/2 acre garden.It lived a hard life but through it all it is still in running shape and still will cut tall grass in high gear.Great tractor and will do a lot.Bob

leot
Thanks for the replys. I have a wheelhorse and a simplicity 4116H ? now. The Simplicity is like new and cuts beautiful, I don't use it for anything else. I use the Wheelhorse as a Workhorse with a box blade, snow plow etc, I like it bcause of the hydraulic lift. I would use the 3212v to plow my office if I could find a plow for it. The machine is on a property I am selling for a customer and I may have to remove it. I will take it home and check it out. I might just give it away to one of you guys or maybe someone wants to trade the deck for a plow? thanks Leo

JoeJ
Leo, [V]Give it away????? OMG[V] Before you go to that extreme, watch the classifieds in here and the Maynard listings. You may find a good plow or blower in these. If your bent on giving it away, we have some young folks in here with an interest and hopefully would appreciate a great start such as this. ;)Just my 2 cents.