Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

22NF - best place to buy?

I read an old posting that someone sold a 22NF style battery for $39.95, does anyone know where they are sold? I searched 22NF on the forums but found no results. I have a 3415 Diehard which fits correct, but Sears does not discount their batteries and that model is $65. I'm in no rush and would like to get another battery.

Kent
The 22NF (meaning non-Ford) was used in farm tractors, and is typically available only though sales outlets that are supporting farmers. Auto parts stores may have them in stock, if there are a lot of farmers in your area. They should be able to order them for you. Otherwise, you'll need to go to an agricultural or tractor supply kind of store... My local Agway wants $52.95 for them. Most people, it seems, are using Type 51 or 51R (same battery with reversed poles, which is the better configuration since the stock battery cable lengths will work) that are available at your local Walmart for $39.95... They'll fit in there, though not quite as snugly as the 22NF, but they work, and typically will have more amps than the 22NF.

Great, thanks Kent. I'm going over to Walmart later today to see if they have this battery. BTW: When searching for a 22NF on google, I found these are also used in Wheel Chairs, you can get those for $99. Nice how we take advantage of wheel chair needy people.

hufhouse
I purchased mine at a large hardware in my rural town for around $40. (This is the coolest hardware store in the world! It used to be the biggest True Value in America, I think, until it got rid of its True Value franchise a year or so ago. Now, it sells a "Do It Best" brand instead of True Value's brand. Not only do they sell just about everything anyone would want, but the salespeople actually KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! It's a great place! Check it out at www.hartvillehardware.com.)

Thanks! The nearest TSC for me is Amenia NY, 60 miles away. I'll check Walmart, 1.5 miles away.

The walmart near me carries the 51N4 for $39.95, but they were out of them.

patrician12
22nf and a 51 are the same.They fit Honda civic when the battery is up on the firewall of the passenger side.With this info you can really get a bargain.I know Walmart has them for 39.95.

PatRarick
Kent is right. I can't remember the exact dimensions, but when I replaced the 22NF with a 51 on one of by B's, I had to use 3/4" or 5/8" under it so the original battery hold down would fit. Pat

Thanks, I am going to double check the warrentee at Walmart verses Autozone and I'll update everyone. I don't need a battery today, but I'll need one in a few weeks. My friend wants one sooner.

G.Kiebler
Try your local salvage yard,I have 3 running landlords and at $40 a pop that hurts.I pay $10 for a used battery .I have never had a battery that didn't last at least 2 years,one went 4 1/2 years.Just load test them before you buy it.