Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Looking for nice after market lights

I am looking for some nice looking after market lights for two of my tractors. I need about 6 of these. Anyone have any good references? A friend of mine has a catalog where we can order these for $8, but if anyone knows who sells anything close to what the originals looked like. I am not paying $150 for a set of lights like I saw on eBay. I'd think about taking off my tractors at that price. Kiddin.

I should have mentioned I am looking for the round style. I know autozone and Walmart sell these, but didn't know if anyone had a preferred brand.

ROBBYDOB
I just use the rubber housed ones, from a truck supply store. I don't really care, at this point, about originality. The rubber ones take abuse well, for the ocassional mishap. Rob

PatRarick
If you look at the rubber lights, make sure that the mounting bracket is riveted to the housing, not molded in. Those with a molded in mount have a steel bushing as re-inforcement. The bushings come loose from the housing and the lights will not stay in adjustment. Pat

Wantedinct, Thanks. (I like those wheels) The Walmart lights are "Rally No.3150 Ultra Beam System"; these are a Walmart Utility Light part number 49538 03150 at a cost of $9.97. I am going to compare these to Autozone and my friends catalog. The Walmart lights are hard plastic with black mounting bolts and a red and black wire coming out of the light.

Kent
I didn't have good luck with the Walmart lights. After a while, I couldn't keep them adjusted, due to the problems Pat describes... I ended up buying a pair at NAPA for about twice that, and they've held up fine...

toad270
I bought mine at TSC (tractor Supply Co.)they cost a little more than Wal-Mart but they are metal backs with a rubber rings. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/1001.JPG[/img]