Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bought my first tractor today; but it's rusty

FLRyder

I knew my Simplicity 20CFC wasn't really a tractor, so I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a deal. But I picked up an old Wheel Horse today that'll have to do for now. I spent my day off picking it up and going over all the wiring, fuel system, and lent my battery to test it out. It has a Kohler K161S(6HP?), and 3 speeds plus reverse. Works great, and came with mower and single stage snowblower, but the blower is seized(for now). Not too bad for a hunnert bux.

Sheet metal is all straight.

I know it's not orange, but what can you do... Tom

tractormike
It looks like you got a good start on this tractor sickness we all have. My first tractor was a 753 wheelhorse a guy gave me 10 years ago. I still have it along with 25 other makes and models I have found since then. The old wheel horses are a tuff little tractor, you should have a lot of fun with it. Good luck with your new project!

A friends family had one like that back in the '60s,lived in bloomfield at the time,could be the same tractor ! we had a lot of fun with it.i'd love to get one like it.definitly worth fixing up.

Those front tires (IMHO) give it a very "scale" appearance, and also remind me of some older Ford tractors, a little bit. I like it! Hopefully, you can spray your frozen blower into freedom with some good penetrating oil...? Nice find.

Ya never know, Dogboy- it's a small world. The person I got it from(who owned it for 15+ years), said he got it from someone named 'Bonzy' or something like that.

guess i should have read all the posts before i posted to your last article, but give me a cal/pm anyway. rob

Does not look like anyone has done any hacking on it:) Even though it is not the right color, red is OK. Have FUN! Dan