Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sandyhillbill

re-wiring the 728 project

sandyhillbill
I installed a new ignition sw. in the 728 today and have got everything back together. The problem I have ran into is the 8 hp briggs has been replaced with a newer 8 hp briggs that has a geared starter and solid state rectifier charging system which was missing when I got the tractor. I have downloaded wiring diagrams but still cannot figure out where to connect the output wire from the rectifier. Any ideas where this wire goes? It has a plug type connector on it but I don't have the other half to plug it into. HELP!!

JJ MARSHALL
does your motor have a rectifier box on it ? or is the wire coming off stator. what is the model numbers on motor? what color is the connector from rectifier? may have to have a in line diode wire.

sandyhillbill
the motor has a rectifier box that I took off of another briggs motor the wires come out of the stator and plug into the rectifier. the model no. of the motor--191707 type5142-01 code 75031912 all three wires coming out of rectifier are faded to white. Can't tell true color

JJ MARSHALL
here i go with more questions.are there 3 wires coming from stator to rectifier and none coming out? is there a tab on side of engine that has a 2 wire plug in 1 for a fuse and 1 for a regular plug? if answer is yes to all above the wire that look like fuse holder is one that should hook to one side of ammeter.the other will be for your lights.i'm getting this from a typical wiring print out that says it for models 140000 170000 190000. GOOD LUCK. JJ