Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Paint Colors?

I've been searching all over this site for references on the Simplicity paint colors. I've been referred to "OMNI brand acrylic enamel - bobcat red", but I can't find a vendor near me. What colors are people using for the 64-101, the 68/69-3012, and the 69/70-3112H. Feel free to help me with the correct year on these. My immediate interest is the 101, then the 3012 & 3112.

Try the Simplicity Mfg. site. They have a section there, I believe under the parts & accessories section, with the different paint colors that they have used over the year. www.simplicitymfg.com

Robert, Thank you. I did check there but they don't list the correct colors for the older tractors. Below is what they list and I looked up one of the colors (see below Simp. Orange) and the dealer price is $7.01. I was lead to believe these colors don't match the older/earlier years. I hope someone can correct me if I am wrong. 12-ounce spray cans. Paint Color Part No. For Equipment Produced Deep Orange* 1685611 Simplicity & AGCO Orange Products (after 8/1/89) Powder Orange 1685589 Simplicity & Allis Chalmers Orange Products (7/1/88-7/31/89) Classic Orange 1685589 12/1/85-6/30/88 Simp. Orange 1685589 1977-early 1985 - 1685589 PAINT ORANGE POW $7.01 White 103049 1977-present Pearl Gray 1685718 For Silver Wheels on AGCO & Deutz-Allis Products prior to 7/1/94 Metallic Gray* 1685718 For Metallic Gray Wheels on 1994/96 Products Gray Charcoal* 1685787 1997/98 products after 5/1/97 Cardinal Red* 1686772 Express Tractors, Massey Ferguson Black Solar* 1686779 99/00 after 4/23/99

Have you checked "Frequently asked Questions" section? Otherwise,I would go to a local reputable automotive paint store,take a small color sample with me,and have them match it.

Thanks, I am going to head to a local auto store ASAP. In the links below, I found that Cream color paint can be bought at Walmart, the Orange though I am being referred to Omni products (which is a PPG product - their website crashed my machine.) I've been searching for Omni colors to see which vendors in my area carry this. I've gotten an offer for fellow member to get me paint, but that is immediately inconvient, so I am looking at options. I want to pull the motor out of my 101 and be ready to immediately paint some of these areas soon. Under "Commonly Asked Questions - Reproducing the Simplicity "Cream" paint": http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23253 Under "Tech Tips - using acrylic enamel paint for garden tractors": http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28868

Have you tried searching the archives? Here's one good example: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=11441&SearchTerms=paint

Kent, That link was perfect; I am still learning to navigate this site... it's big. I just found the B&S engine information regarding the 23D last night. Anyway, I have a 69 Pace Car which should have the "Hugger Orange Stripes", unfortunately it's not painted that way due to my budget when I was restoring it. I was missing parts of the interior and the cowl hood. One day I will take the time to restore it to original. Also, I need to refigure out how to search the archives. I got there once, but I don't know how to search them. I do see there is a difference searching the main site verses the club section (or I think I do.) Lastly, I really like the colors which I was referred to on the Omni paint, but I've still not found a vendor near me. I went to Walmart, but that was a mess today. I'm not sure of the lights I saw at Walmart they are $9.99 all plastic, black mounts at bottom. I opened another topic about lights.
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Have you tried searching the archives? Here's one good example: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=11441&SearchTerms=paint