Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Leaf Blower Ideas ??

RonT

Working on puting a leaf blower together for on the tractor. My first idea was to mount it to the front pto on the B-10 or B-112 but I want it to fit the 912h also. I would have to cut the bumper and lower hood to get a drive shaft out to it on the 912. Don't want to be accused of hacking. So next was a self contained hydraulic drive for it. Can't find enough cheep parts and it will weigh a good bit. The best I have come up with is to run it off the center pto like a tiller. It has a 1" hole for a shaft and weighs about 35-45 pounds. here are a few photos.

I'm looking for other ideas to make this work. Any input is welcome. I know Dutch has to have some ideas here!:D The last photo is what I had in mind.

Mount it on a front plow hitch and use a pulley set up like they used to power a snowblower ? Make it so you can engage and disenage the belt.

Can't make up my mind how big this thing is Ron. Would it be possible to center mount it, using a mower pto to drive? Seems then you could have a hand held hose to point around as you drive. Rear mount, I'd say copy the generator mounting system.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Can't make up my mind how big this thing is Ron. Would it be possible to center mount it, using a mower pto to drive? Seems then you could have a hand held hose to point around as you drive. Rear mount, I'd say copy the generator mounting system.
It is about 24" long x18" high, x15" deep. I think it is alittle big for a center mount. The generator mount will be a start. I would like to raise and lower like the tiller. Does anyone have a good photo or parts breakdown of a rear mount generator?