Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Roy

Kohler Has It In For Me

Roy
I think Kohler has it in for me. The new Command 18 hp engine in my Sovereign is leaking oil at the front seal. It has less than 5 hours on it! Maybe the dirty oil stain is residual from assembly. I'll wipe it off and see it it returns. Oddly enough, I've bought 3 new air compressors over the years at work and all three have had oil leaks. The Sullair leaks like a sieve, The Gardner-Denver leaks slightly, and the new Quincy leaks at some of the fittings. Who else can be so lucky?

rs07
If the Kohler was one of those overhead cam V-Twin "Triad" engines I could see it leaking oil. I am a big Kohler Engine fan, but that is one engine that is surely a down right piece of junk. I am surprised to hear you are having oil leak problems with a "Command". They usually are a reliable engine. :(

SmilinSam
I used to be a N0 Leak Fanatic. Anymore though I just wash periodically and keep old pie tins around to catch what goes on the floor. I see now my K 301 in my Wheel Horse is leaking. I did put synthetic in it last winter and wonder if that has anything to do with it.?

quote:
see now my K 301 in my Wheel Horse is leaking. I did put synthetic in it last winter and wonder if that has anything to do with it.?
Ive been running mobil 1 for over a year in the 7016 with zero problems also have it in a k361, 8hp briggs, 6hp briggs, and 16 vangaurd. No problems.