Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lucas Oil Stabilizer

Kokomo

I put a mixture of 50 percent Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer and 50 percent Simplicity Mulit-purpose Hydraulic/Transmission Oil in a BGB. The directions on the bottle says to use 50 to 100 percent in differentials and 50 percent in transfer cases. I am have another BGB that is seeping 100 percent Simplicity Multi-purpose oil. I am thinking about putting 100 percent Lucas in this BGB to try and stop the leak. Does anyone have an opinion or experience with using the product in a BGB? Does anyone see a problem with using 100 percent Lucas in a BGB?

If the Lucas HD Oil Stablilizer is a viscosity improver (like STP) I would be leery of putting 100% of it in anything. Lubricant that is too thick will not flow and lubricate the BGB properly. Leaky seals are an indication of age, worn bearings, and/or a worn shaft where the seal runs. Some additives will swell the seals and help them seal but the real solution is to repair whatever is wrong and put a new seal in. My opinion and you know what they are worth.

I have been using Lucas products for years and have become a fairly big distributor of it in my area.The oil stabilizer is incredible.As long as it hits one gear it will be carried from gear to gear like magic.However I don't think it will give the bearings the splash they need.I had a bearing noise in a Gilson I had and the parts were impossible to get.I overfilled the transaxle by drilling a hole on top of the unit and filling it with Lucas.That was 6 years ago and haven't had one days problem.Just as a footnote.Many,many car manufacturers secretly use Lucas trans additive with every trans service.I have personally had transmisions with late and hard shifts(not slipping)that Lucas trans additive has absolutely corrected.The trans additive actually looks like automatic trans assembly lube. Put Lucas oil stabilizer in your car's motor and use little or no oil after that.Lucas oil stabilizer is not like STP it doesn't reallt thicken the oil it makes the oil stick to things.We have a gear display at work.One with regular oil and on ewith Lucas.It is true the Lucas is thicker but the gears turn with 1/3 the effort of the other oil which is 10w30.Its pretty amazing stuff.

Patrician, What percentage Lucas would you put in a BGB? Would use more Lucas in a BGB that is leaking? Bob in Kokomo The local trash company that picks up trash was having trouble with the rearends in their heavy trucks and had to regularly rebuild the rearends. I am told that since they started using Lucas they have not rebuilt one rearend. I have a 918 Allis with bad rings and it smoked some after it warmed up. I put a mixture of 40 percent Lucas and 60 percent 30 wt. oil in it and the smoking for the most part went away. It still uses some oil, but I like to drive the tractor better without the smoke.