Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Mowed with a hydro (first time)

mowerman1193
I have been working on my 3415H that I bought from Bunky..Had to replace the hydro hose's on the transmission...Boy talk about skinned nuckles...They give you enough room in there for a kids hand to get to those hoses...I cleaned up all the cooling fins and fan ect. It was really clogged up and is a wonder that it didn't overheat it... Anyway I took it out on several test runs while adjusting stuff up ect..Boy those hydros sure are nice if you mow back and forth to make the stripes... Now the only thing I have to do to like this tractor more is take those running boards off:D:DNo really I just need to take the hydro trans out and put it in one of my 64 Landlords...Then I could have the best of both...;)

Brent_Baumer
Now you know why I told you I have 4 hydro's for keepers and have sold off at least a dozen gear drives, and why I traded Bunky a 716-6 speed w/ nearly new motor for his 7016H....Hydro's rule. The only thing better is a hydro trans w/ hydro lift. Brent

dhardin
Mowed with my Lanlord last week then jumped back on my Craftsman Hydro and found the cluch/brake is on the wrong side. Hydos are nice around all the trees and yard stuff. This will take some getting use to finding the cluch and wich mower to use.

D-17_Dave
Don't use the clutch with a hydro, itjust slows you down. By the way, I got some stuff this weekend to maybe finish my 2012 covertion too a Hydro. Try to let you see some progress next weekend.