Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spring Fever Got me

MPH

Hey if you ever need a longer rear lift bar, you can take the crank shaft off that trailer. The trailer will still stand. Thats what I use for my tow truck/tactor. Elon

Marty, I second that motion, I took my snow blower off the 2110 a week or so ago. I swappped off the ag's from the 3415 put them and the j-bucket on the 2110 and have working in the compost pile. I have it almost all moved but I was still finding frost in it just the other day.:( I think maybe I'll dig out the tiller and a mower deck this week. Don't think I be using them though since the weather man says rain all week long!}:)[:0] I guess it'll be indoor work for me.

Believe-it-or-not, even though I live in VA, the blower is still on my AC716H. I mowed my front lawn with a push mower on Saturday. What's wrong with me guys? I must be slipping.

Stuff like that happens after half a century Rod. Elon, that trailer will stand with out them legs under it. Cut the axles out and treated wood blocked it a couple years ago. There is a very good use for the crank system there, just haven't found it yet. It low on the list of thing to do.

Marty,I would make that trailer jack/stand into a tractor lift...Then you could work on the little guys with out bending down to them...plus you could use it to store a tractor up on it and park one underneath it... Just a idea anyway...

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Stuff like that happens after half a century Rod. Elon, that trailer will stand with out them legs under it. Cut the axles out and treated wood blocked it a couple years ago. There is a very good use for the crank system there, just haven't found it yet. It low on the list of thing to do.
Well I didn't mean to take the hole legs out. On the crank leg, if you remove the cover, the shaft is held in by one or two drift pins. Just drive out the pins and remove the gear, and you have a mega long lift bar. All thought using a set of leg for a lift is a great idea. Too bad they are around $300 or so brand new. I'll have to keep the next two good ones I replace.