Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

32" single belt pto tiller

KSever

So I have looked all over and probably missed it somewhere on here and SimpletrACtors.. I have a single belt 32" tiller mounted on the 64 Landlord, But I can't find the correct length belt. I can find the belt length and manuals for the two belt tillers but no single belt. I'd be tilling today if I had the correct belt. Got the tiller all mounted up to till for the garden after I cleared all the brush from 1 acre of fenced in land. Noticed that the belt was not the right length so had to put this tilling thing off until I get right belt.

I know there are a lot of smart people on here that can answer your question by exact reference to some book ... but I always thought you could take a piece of rope ... wrap it around all the pulleys ... mark the pieces where the ends meet ... then undo the rope and measure the distance between the marks. Would not those inches in length be the same a the length of the belt required ... give or take an inch or so to allow for the idler pulley? /r David

Not 100 percent sure it's the same Ken, but the one on my 725 is a Simplicity 154273DF 1300* Couldn't find any measurement on it

the rope thing works. just make sure the rope is the same thickness as a belt. If you go smaller your measurment will be longer. I always get one an inch longer and one an inch shorter. The guys a napa laugh at me all the time with my belt fun lol

Kris In 67/68 the landlord had 2 tillers a 32" and a 36" the 32" was a two belt drive and the 36" was a one belt drive.The belt for the 36" is part# 105340 V-BELT type HB length 96". MSRP $49.15 The BGB drive pully for the 36' is part# 164202 PULLEY-5.0"OD The BGB drive pulley for the 32" is part# 105176 PULLEY-2.9"OD The final drive pulley on the 32" two belt drive is 6.50" The final drive pulley on the 36" one belt drive is 9.0" That is all of the info I have You should be able to make it work work useing the 5" pulley What is the MFG# on your 32" tiller?

Maynard, I am wrong. It is the 36" tiller which would be the 96" belt. I had no markings on the belt I have so I couldn't even guess at the length. I'm going to go and pick up a green belt at the hardware store that length and see if it fits before I go and buy a Simplicity belt. The belt on there when I got it looks to be about 8-10" too long which makes me think they must have had this tiller on a hydro or similar tractor. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks Again.

KSever, The 36" tiller uses the bigger pulley on the PTO take-off as mentioned in UCD's post. You must make sure you get the correct size pulleys so the tines move at the correct speed. Goodluck and let us know how you do with this.

Michael, Thanks, I have all the correct size pulleys just the wrong belt. I had the correct pto pulley in my pile of extra parts. Kris

Kris, I was mounting my 36" tiller on my B-110 today and I happened to think of your post. If your belt appears to be 8" to 10" too long, you probably have the 96" belt. The shorter wheelbase of the B-110 and earlier tractors takes an 88" belt for that tiller. Pat

BINGO! That's it Pat. I got home today from work and measured the belt that I already had that was too long and sure enough it's a 96". So I wrapped a rope around all the pulleys and got a reading on the tape of 86" which would be the inside measurement of a 88" belt. I was thinking when measuring this that if it's a 96" belt that I should more than likely be needing a 8" shorter belt since the longer wheel base tractor is 4" longer. Thanks again everybody for the help I sure appreciate it and I can till a garden for the wife to play in.

I told her it's alot of work for me just for her to plant a few vegetables.;);) I get to plant the corn, now I just have to find a cultivator attachment.

Got the tiller up and running after I got home from work tonight. I did pick up an 88" belt along with a 45" belt to change my drive pulley on the rear end to the larger pulley to get that slower travel speed. And I just happen to have the correct 8" pulley. I was going to change this transmission pulley last winter to get the slower when I was snowblowing but never got around to it.