Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dhardin

Cut this one down to size

dhardin
7 and 8" grass cut down to 3 1/2 and did not blink. This comercial property behind my house had not been mowed in a long time so I thought it would be a good test to see if all my winters work was worth it, and it payed off BIG time. Im so happy...

Beautiful work. What model is that? I have a 64' 101 I am trying to restore and the colors are different.

dhardin
michaelg221 its a 64/65 Lanlord 101. Yes I thought the color is a little brighter than the original, it's a AC orange from the farm supply (quarts like $7.00). If you look real close you will see the original Landlord sticker on the frount is original. The color of the 30 year old sticker is just a little more red than the new paint color I used. But as I was painting the parts i compaired the new color to the original color under the seat/fenders that had not been effected by the sun fading and it looked very close. That or my cheap digital camera may be off color a little. The first thing i plan to do with my mowing money is get the set of sticker to complet this project. Oh yes I still need to re-ring the (not original} 12hp Briggs. It appears it burns some oil but as much as that it need a new rear bearing and oil seal. It is blowing oil out the crank shaft and is dripping out the bottom of the engine and off the lower frame when i parked it in the garage. Other than that and a few other small things, this old girl is ready for another 30 yeras.