Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Worth the Tilt

MPH
Normally when I change oil in any of my tractors I park the left side on a 2x6 or whatever is handy. Tonight I parked the 725 not preplanning, then decided to pull the plug. After it was down to a dribble I jacked the left rear up with my floor jack, I'd guess another 2-3 oz came out.

Bunky
I have always wondered this myself and usually jack my tractors up a little to let it all drain.. i just thought if there was any crud in the the last little bit i would want to get it out of there...

mowerman1193
Wow,I thought I was probably the only one to do that... I also leave the plug out on my cars/trucks for a extra few min. to let it drain good...I took something into one of the quick chainge places once and I don't think they had the plug out long enough to let the 5 quarts drain let alone the fine dribble drain..

BigSix
Marty: Me too. I found it easier to "jack" the tractor (front and rear, left side, up on a couple of 4x4 scraps) using a long prybar and a block of wood. Whatever's easier. Definitely get a significant extra amount out, making it "worth the tilt", IMHO, you Arctic Fleet-Keeping Poet. Peter

ROBBYDOB
I've always jacked every small engine powered piece of equip. to get every drop out. Let it drain over night, and then I flush it out with some high detergent fluid. My HB-112 engine has never been apart, still goes strong 36 years later. Rob