Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

allis-620mower deck belt size

wilburn

i have just traded for a allis 620 with a 5ft mowing deck .it does not hae a belt.can someone tell me what size belt i need to go on the deck .i am anxious to mow my yard. but i need a belt .thanks

I guese you are refering to the engine to deck belt. Thats an "a" belt,93.5" long. If you don't have a Simplicity dealer handy I can give you the NAPA # tomorrow.

thanks for the info. i do not have a dealer close by but do have a napa ,would appreciate the napa number .this is going to save me a lot of trouble .thanks again

That#'s a 6521BR or blad runner they call it. This is the NAPA # that crosses to Simplicities # from Gates. It's a redish looking belt, not a green power belt. I'm running it on my 620 and so far it has held up great. I'm slowly getting all my belts crossed over this way so I can keep an extra on hand for most evrything I run. 620, HB212, etc.. That's better than that last minuete breakdown. The local Simplicity dealer is about 20 min. from me but all he wants to do is sell new mowers. Doesn't care much for selling parts, and don't care at all for the older line.

Dave, Have you tried Smitherman's Hardware at 1305 Lewisville-Clemmons Rd. in Lewisville? Probably about 20 or 25 minutes from you. They might be a little higher priced, but they are good people and they don't mind selling parts. I'm sure it's a big chunk of their business.