Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

620-720 rear mower

I have had a 720 allis with a rear mower for 15 years. I also had an 620 Allis around in case my 720 Allis started giving problems. I sold my 720 and mower and later asked Why. I have been looking for a RM59 Woods mower for quite some time. I finally contacted a Woods dealer and found out that Woods still manufactures a Woods RM48CO which fits right on the 620 Allis. I spent several dollars trying to find this out. Hope this may help someone.

If anyone is interested I have a John Deere model 260, 5', rear mount, finish mower that was converted to run on 2000RPM CAT-0 PTO. I am currently using it on my AC620, it works great, I'll sell it if anyone is interested. I have photos if you'd like to see it. Kraig

I've been using an RM-48CO behind my 720 for nine years. It's a great, rugged mower and cuts perfectly. The one and only drawback is that I have to replace the belt every two years (about $40).

Al_Mangani
I had one of these Woods mowers for a 720 and sold it. It was in farily rough shape but worked. I inquired about a new one from Woods but the price was out of sight; about $1400 new as I recall. Roy