Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 5015

gretsch

I have searched the archives and found out a little about the AC 5015 models. What I would like to know is more relative to actual use and reliability. Do any of ya'll own, have owned, or know someone who does or had? The mower deck is stated to be approximately the same as the 7000/7001 series 48" or a vendors 54" deck. How small is this tractor relative in size to a Powermax versus a 7000 series tractor? Is it full-time 4wd or 2wd/4wd? Can it handle Cat 1 implements handily? About how much does one of these weigh without a deck on it? I have an opportunity to go see one potentially for sale but would like to be heads up before/if I go. Thanks for any and all(?) input!

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Here's a little more info: http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1978/new_in_1978.htm
And Page 16 of the X reference table.

I don't know a whole lot about the 5015's, but I do know that my local school district has one that they purchased back in 1982. It still is in good shape and they use it regularly with the other equipment for mowing. It has a rear mounted mower on it. Not sure what size though. They also pull a set of gang mowers with it.