Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Leroy

Has anyone recoverd their tractor seat?

JP
Sure, quite a few times. It's usually a molded process that they're made by. Similar to how we make IP pads (dashboards), armrests & doors in the automotive industry. I usually use a hest gun to separate the vinyl from the foam (what's left of either...), then use the vinyl to make a pattern. Then allow about 1/2" around the pieces for the new seams, join it, 'deck sew' all the seams (this 'flattens' them) then spray automotive adhesive to both parts. Then CAREFULLY put them together. Straighten out the old clinch molding, Tap it the together, spray it with a black vinyl paint (allow to dry..). Then put it on the seat, trim to fit. Voila! (Now you see why I don't do it often! LOL) JP

JJ MARSHALL
seats that i redone i would take off old cover and carry my frame to northen hyd store and just pick out a cover that would fit it .you can buy them with the foam &cover aready together. just remove your old one < save your trim > put it on while pulling tied put trim around edges while pulling tied then trim . jj

ka9bxg
Just got home with a 3210 that some one redid the seat and it does look pretty good.It could use a recover again so I might try it.The tractor is in fair shape but the rod is broke so I might take it apart tomorrow and see how bad it isshould make a nice tractor.Bob