Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wards 16 Hydomatic

McGill

When was this tractor made and who made it? it looks alot like a later model Allis. But, it's blue and white like the Homelite.

I was told by the guy that I just got my Jcpenny 494 from that Montgomery Ward also had a tractor appearing to be made by Simplicity. My dad backed him up and also said the company he retired from years ago mowed there lawn with the "Monkey Ward" look alike to the Powermax. Does anyone collect old catalogs from Montgomery Wards or Jcpenny, they may be in there. Dad said he had a thin catalog (1/4" thick) years ago and remembers it in there. Both of these guys have been "into" tractors and equipment most of there life and I feel they know what there talking about. My username is actually from my dads homemade tractor called Peppy, built in 1964 and still the best tractor he has. The family has already told him he needs to build one for each of us (2 boys, & all 6 girls) kids so we don't rip each other apart when he can no longer use it. I will get some pics on here some day and give a little more history. I have a homemade tractor built by his cousin though it's not been kept up and I got it from the junkyard thinking "WOW" this looks alot like Peppy. I found out later its history. PeppyDan

Ahhh, theee elusive Blue PowrMax. As for the 16hp wards, I'm betting its a Gilson, had one, they do sortta look like a Simplicity, til you look closer.

MPH, that's what I said also, but they kept insisting that it was Simplicity built. I would love to add that to my collection, Jcpenny, Simplicity built Homelite, Early 700 series A.C., & 3400 series Simplicity. Dan

Dan The Picture I posted above is a Simplicity built Pow'r Max in Montgomery Ward Clothing There was 4 modles made for M/W SIM-33300A SIM-33301A SIM-33302A SIM-33303A

Does it look anything like this? If I remember the right, the serial # plate was on the right side below the battery, started with gil and this one was a 1977.