Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

First Tractor

cwm1276

Hey Guy's, I have lurked around this site for sometime but never paid dues since I didn't have a single tractor. That changed today and I am looking for some advice. My "new" tractor is 7117H with the hydrualic lift. My dad has a AC716H, so I am quite used to that, the simplicity I was able hop on and drive. But is there different I should know. Also I want to be able to share the tiller from the 716 on the 7117 and the pin in the 3 point hitch looks to be lower down than the 716. So I would appreciate some insight on what would be best for the tiller.

Congrats! I don't think you'll have any regrets. Have you checked out the 'What fits'? Has there ever been a tiller on the 7117? Welcome! JP

Same tractor same everything. Only difference is engine. All attachments are basicaly the same. There might be some difference in tractors if the 716 is an early or late model.

If it does most of what my dad's 716 does it will serve me real well. I don't know if it ever had a tiller with it. It has the rear lift, so I figured it should be close. It will just be so much better to not have to push more my near acre lawn any more!!!!

The 716 is a late model. but I get the hydraulic lift the 716 is manual. It will take some getting used to the lift, with the 716 I could just hold the lift to continuely adjust the tiller, helped to push dirt when backing up.

The Tiller should mount right on the 7117. You will need a rear pto drive kit part# 1685225 which is the idler pully to get the belt over the hydro filter and the tiller idlers that mount on rear lift arm, these should already be on the 716 and can be used on the 7117.

Thanks, I thought so. This site has been so helpful in helping pick that tractor. I knew more than some dealers wanted share. Again Thanks and I will try to post pics of my tractor as soon as possible

cwm1276- You have the exact tractor I wanted to buy. I looked and looked, but I had no luck finding one. I ended up getting a newer Landlord, but I'd probably trade it for yours in a second. Good luck with your new tractor. Be careful, though. Lotsa folks around here believe these tractors multiply... ;) Tacey

Well I mowed for the first time with it, felt like old times from the 716. I just have to adjust time deck a little bit more. Now I have to find a lawn sweeper.