Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spare time projects

D-17_Dave

Been working on this for the last year or so with some great help. Hope to have some kits before too long.:D

Looking good! :D I hope my name is still at/near the top of the list. I'd like at least a couple of them...

You bet. Haven't forgot, just seems like everything else gets in the way. I'm hopeing the price of steel comes down a little so I can get some bids soon. But like a lot of other stuff at least I'm this close.

me thinks your gunna have to make quite a few of them. Please put me down for one. Any idea what the cost would be? Just a ball park is fine. Elon

I made this last winter, the only problem is the tractor is still apart. I took it apart to restore it but have since aquired a B110 and a Johnson front end loader so it took the back burner. When I made my lift handle set up I tried to make it similar to stock ( didn't have one to copy ). One of the things I did was made it sit at the same angles as the left hand lever. So when it's all the way forward it measures the same distance from the edge of the hood sideways and the angle forward are the same.

This is an exact duplicate to an orriginale. The problem was dealing with the strange angles. I have located the rubber grips used and are going to have to custom make the thumb handle, but it's comeing along.

Dave, You might already know this, but the thumb button, I believe, is still available. High priced though, at over $10 each.

I'd be interested in buying one. It sounds like a great way to get a piece that is exactly like the original ones. Hope you enjoyed making it. BKASSULKE

Hasn't taken me but a mere 2 years of "spare time" to get this far. Good thing I get paid partially for what I know, not just for what I do.

Dave put me on the list for one also. I've got a few surplus left-hand lifts from parted out tractor I'm playing with adapting for right-hand use but one of yours would be better! Larry

Larry, I tried that. Didn't like the outcome. Once I got an orriginal and saw the complex angles involved I new I needed a better plan. As soon as I get a moment I'll get some bids on the material and then maybe some realisic prices. Till then I don't want to guese and hurt anyones feelings by haveing to change it later. Thanks for the interest, Dave.