Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers B-210

Karl_Brandt

I need to know the length of the spacer on the bevel box. Part # 164174,have been told by my local Simplicity dealer this part is N/A.:( I have waited 6 weeks for this part & just found out it is N/A as of march 2004. The AC B-210,has a spacer on the bevel box...and five washers. When the tractor runs and you are driving along and move the variable speed lever the nut on the bevel box will come loose.:( Thanks for your help. [url]www.simpliicityva.com[/url] Karl

Is this the spacer/sleeve that the inboard pulley slides back and forth on when you move the variable speed lever? I have the dimensions at home from when I had one fabricated and I'll look it up when I get home from work.

Karl, Now that I look at the parts list I see that 164174 is the spacer and not the sleeve that the inboard pulley slides back and forth on. I had new spacers made to replace 164173 and 164067 made with a larger OD to try and take up some of the excess clearance I had between the pulley and the slide spacer but according to my records I purchased a new 1641714 spacer. I found the two old slide spacers and a part I'm pretty sure is 164174 since all three were in the same box. My used part shows some wear on one of the ends, so I'd probably wait for someone else to reply with their measurements. The OD measures 0.993". The ID measures 0.756". The Length measures 1.335" near the OD to 1.350" near the ID. Looking at the part and the wear and slightly mushroomed end near the OD, I'd probably make it 1.350", since there doesn't appear to be any ridge/burr at the ID or collapsing of bore. I'd also get yourself a new locknut 717517. This is a prevailing torque nut and should help the nut from turning. But if you have the nut coming loose, you are loosing clamp load in the joint. Once you torque the nut and develop clamp load, the nut should not move until the clamp load drops to near zero. It sort of sounds like the nut might be bottoming out on the threads on the shaft and not loading the spacer and the slide spacer. The spacer properly positions the outboard drive pulley so that it is in line with the rear driven pulley. Quite frankly, if you are off slightly on the length it shouldn't be a big deal. As long as the spacer is long enough to make sure the nut doesn't bottom out on the threads and not so long that the nut doesn't obtain full thread engagement, you should be OK. Good Luck

Karl Contact Fred member username cutriteshop. Give him the Part# your looking for. He might have what you are looking for, he has alot of small parts most NLA

The spacer looks like the same size. I put a new lock nut and put it together today. Now I have to wait for the mud in the back field to dry....and then move the Simplicity 7116H in the front of the shed outside. I have to check belt tension yet. Karl