Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

LANDLORD MODEL 101 FRONT SHAFT

BruceH

Hey guys, What is the purpose of the front shaft sticking out of the Landlord model 101 and others front grill? Was there some equipment that drove off of this PTO? If so, I would like to know about it.

Also, in the equipment that I got with my 101 there is a large metal box that fits on the back hydraulic lift to be used as a lawn cart, but with no wheels. The bed is approximately 3 feet square and has a metal tailgate. It appears factory made, but I haven't seen it in any of the Simplicity photos as an accessory item. Any ideas? Is it worth restoring and painting?

Joe, the most common use i've seen is for a snowblower
attachment. On my 64 landlord, the snowblower pins up to the frame
to the frame and pulley slides over the shaft.I think it could also power a
hyd. pump for a front end loader.

Yes Joe the front shaft is for a snowthrower attachment. I think the cart is a pretty rare item and worth restoration as is the rest of your fine tractor.

Hi joe, I mite be wrong but if you go to contents then l-112 loader, it sounds like the counter weight on this loader not sure though. tp

I would have to agree on the box. It does indeed sound as though it might be a wait box as they were a pretty good size. But who knows-buts lets check it out.-->jackl<-->happyjack

Not the weight box. The loader weight box is about 18"square and connects to the lower hitch points but not the lift arm. It also does not have a tailgate. Tim