Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

No Go

ka9bxg

I have a good trans out of a 625 yeoman, if they are the same? I am in SE, NY. dlc

I have a simplicity Broadmoor 717. I can't remember the year right now, but it was built in the early 60's. I was using it last night to cut the grass and took it down a short embankment in high gear at top speed. Top speed is not that fast. After the embankment, the tractor stopped moving forward. I can get a little movement in reverse, but neither low or high work for long. I can feel it kicking it to gear, but then it stops moving. The gear shift handle seems to be a little easier to move now. I haven't had time to stand it up to check to see if the key on the engine pulley wheel has broken. My first hope before I start to take the transmission apart. Does anyone have any suggestions? If it is a gear, where can I find transmission parts besides here in St. Louis? I've been told by the simplictiy dealer that the tractor isn't worth $100.00, but I'd like to keep it running. Except for the tires slipping on hills, it worked wonderfully last year and plowed the one snow storm we had this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's looks like my weekned has been planned for me.

I have an extra tranny from a 707 if you need it. I am not sure if they are the same or not.

• 1 year later...
hi, I had trouble with my 707 and what was wrong was the pully was slipping. What happend was the center of the pully rounded out. This could be your problem. Paulie