Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

But really...it DID follow me home

AC808

Picked this up today...912H with a bad Kohler motor. I have enough parts to build another 12hp motor...thinking about attempting something else...otherwise its a nice solid tractor...cant wait to drive it!

That looks like its really been looked after. I;d get the kohler working, if you can. Dont even see tears in what looks like the original seat. Rims are clean and dont see rust anywhere, Nice find!

Here's a thought.... http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28934 BTW nice looking 912H Bet it would be a real runner with a Cast Iron Briggs in it....;)

Thats kinda what i was thinking about doing....Im going to an auction today, the guy has 40yrs worth of garden tractor stuff and motors...may come home with one for the 912. I had given some thought to even looking for a Lombardini diesel...but im sure those are rarer than hens teeth and quite pricey. Also thought of finding a small water cooled 2-3 cyl gas or diesel motor. not quite sure how much i want to hack up this nice machine!

Real nice looking machine. It won't take much to breath new life into it. Great find, these things seem to be like puppies....they know a sympathetic soul when they see one and just follow him home.

That's a nice 912H! I put a brand new Kohler "Magnum" 16HP in my 916H in February. It works great. Only had to make a few alterations in case you are thinking of going with a Magnum.:)