Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

6 pulls and she started

Boney

Well I just coulnt stand it any longer I had to unwrap the 725. It took 6 pulls of the rope and chuga chuga chug she was a running. I let her run for a few minutes and then tried to close the choke...no way....I waited a little longer and tried again....no way...it would shut off. Any one have any ideas why ? It wouldnt do that before winter. I used new gas and Stabil per directions and filled the tank to the top. Thnx for any suggestions.

does it have a fuel filter on it? that would be a possible problem and you might try to adjust the carb. and see if that helps.

Take off the fuel bowl and see if there is any water/condensation in it. I have a can of stabil I have had in my desk for about 15 years. It is just like new. In my tractors, I don't up any of that stuff. If there isn no fuel shut off, I fill the tanks with fuel, and don't worry about them. Each starts up quite well. Option two, fill the tanks, shut off the fuel and run the carbs dry. My chipper/shredder has been conditioned in the second method. I would feel terrible if it took more than ONE pull to get it going.