Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 920D?

Karl_Brandt

How many years and what years did they make the AC 920D? One of my friends has a line on a AC 920D or AC something with a Diesel engine. I might have a change to buy this tractor. How good is this engine? Can you still buy parts for this engine? What would this tractor be worth? [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

From what ive heard, theryre good engines, and If its a 920D, You should definately get it. Always wanted one of those too...

The 18½ hp lombardini engine was only available in simplicity for I believe 4 years 1984/85/86/87 But they continued to use up their supply in the Allis 920 for another year. (I am not positive on this extra year) It is a very strong 18½ hp. By conservative estimate my 7790 which I bought in Feb. 1985 has over 5000 hours on it and the only thing I have changed are the injectors and one air filter. The oil filter is a cleanable filter. Parts are available From Lombardini but are a little pricey.

I have a 920-D with 545hrs on it, I didn't buy it new. I mow some really hilly places I've never run out of power yet I have mowed the same places with a 448 case with a 23horse onan had to slow down let the motor catch up. My diesel has a starting problem right know, I haven't had time to fix it yet, once it's started it's unbeatable I really love it.

My 7790 has only blown snow the mower deck has never been on it and the blower and cab have never been off from it. It will blow snow all day on less than 3 gallons of fuel. It has easy duty now as it is only used to blow out my driveway at home now and I haven't used 5 gallons of fuel in the last 2 winters The tractor is an awesome snowblower and will handle anything you put in front of it and not run out of power.

I believe the 920D was made from 1984 to around 1988. There were even Deutz-Allis versions of this tractor. In my opinion any diesel engine is good. If you have a chance to buy one and the price is right, go for it!:)

I called my friend today and have to wait till next weekend to go to look at this tractor. The owner of this tractor is on a different shift from what I work this week. I have never worked on a diesel before or owned before.;) I also know another guy who has a AC 920D....or could be the same tractor? [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl