Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Only me, in a sea of Cub Cadets!

jackcobb

Certainly got a ton of stares when I showed up with the B-212 at the Cub Cadet plow day. The organizer David Ross (a super guy) came right over and said hi. Was appreciative I came, and a couple others came around during the day and chatted too. I was the 3rd or 4th to take to the field and just had to do one little adjustment. I pretty much plowed non-stop from 9 till 2. Went thought about 4 gallon of gas. I kept up fine and often "pushed" Cadets of the same HP and year. But allot of "new" stuff was there too. 18 HP twins, diesels, ect. Some of these guys take this real serious. So, they could show the 30+ year old B-212 up. But they were all friendly and had no issue with slower units getting a head start on them. Many of the people didn't plow long. Some made only a round or two. By 1 PM there were only 10 of us or so still out there. I decided to quit at 2 as it is a 2 1/2 hour drive back home. By then, only 4 of us were still plowing. It was soybean ground and real gummy. No ones bottoms cleaned very well. That may be why some didn't plow too long? The gumminess plus the stubble gave some units fits. The B-212 and Brinly didn't have much problem with it though. As the only plowing Allis there, I thought the Cub Cadet folks were real good hosts and well organized. They have a nice event. We'll go visit the "green" boys next weekend in Minn.

It's nice when you go to another brands sponsered event and get a warm reception. Shows a lot of class I think.

Jack, all morning long I was wishing I was there with my Allis. I worked on it early this morning but it was too late to go when I finished; however, its all ready for next weekends plow day. As long as I am able to go, I will be there, with a big smile. I set the plow angles up to the specs required per Allis; we'll see if it still needs tweeking. Next year I will plan on making both events, so if I miss one at least I will still get to plow.

There are allot of garden tractor pulls. I have been to several in WI, IA, IN and Ohio. Only a couple of plow days though. Jack

Jack, I have followed the Cub Cadet plowday events since the first one.I attended Plowday 3(spring of 2002)in Indiana but took a Cub Cadet instead of my Allis.Had a great time at that one and have enjoyed seeing the pictures of the others.Have been hoping to see pictures of this one but none have been posted yet!So if you are going to the WFM plowday next weekend make sure to get some pics. of your Allis in action!

If you a looking for plow day event check out this: www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28826