Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
10HorseMan

Paint status.

10HorseMan
Yesterday, we layed one coat on the b-110 and had a few runs but going to take care of that later today. Shiny and slick. Is there a cheaper alternative to decals because $150 sounds steep for my budget. On a budget that wont budge. :D

Kent
Norm Steinem at Norm's Toys (see the decal page on Simple trACtors) has decals for $60 - 70, last I knew, but they're not the quality of those from Wells Implement... His hood decals are fine, but it's the rest that really point out the differences. For example, the model number decals are on a yellow background (not clear) so they'll likely never match the color of paint you use....

RayS
$150.00 is not to steep considering the initial cost (setup) and the amount of decals that you get. And like Kent stated, I have a set of Norms decal but I won`t put the model number decals on because of the yellow back ground doesn`t match the paint. Good decals are hard to come by and most of them are vinly overlay to go from one color to the next. I am going to try a set from Wells on my next restore.

Allis_B12
I'm happy with my Wells decals. The only problem I noticed is the "C" in the A-C logo is orange. The original one that I kept in the grille is red. It's a slight problem, but the hood decals and bumblebee logos are sharp.

10HorseMan
Should have it back together next week, Not in a hurry. We are going to apply the last coat of paint later today. Want it to look its best so i will probabally go with wells decals. :D