Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Boney

Help I.D year of my tractor

Boney
I am trying to pin down the year of my tractor I am guessing that it is either a 1961 or 62 725. I am using the motor numbers which I believe to be the original motor. It is a model 19, type 706035, serieal # 616992. I have spent time looking both here and other places and the only info I have been able to find is that B&S usually codes their motor with the year as the first 2 digits in the number. So with this in mind I am thinking it is a 61. Does anyone know of a place here or any other place that I can use these numbers to help identify the year ? Thnx. P.S I am looking for the large pully that is attached to the rearend. It is 8" and is the largest pully in the drive system part # 154272 i believe, If someone has an extrae around they would lke to sell please let me know, mine is warped and shakes the tractor.

Kent
Unless I'm mistaken (could easily be the case) the stock rear pulley is a 6". Both 8" and 10" were offered as "speed reduction pulleys" for use with tillers, plows, snowblowers, etc. I think the 10" ones were used on the 7.25 through 9HP machines and the 8" were used on the 10HP and later...

Boney
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Kent funny you say that, it came with a tiller attachment and only the rear pto was on it. Daddycat thnx a BUNCH for that link, looking there I found out it was built in June 1960 :) Thank you both :)