Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

3112H Hydrostatic Adjustment

I'm finding that my 3112H is having a lot of strain when trying to start the engine. I believe the hydrostatic pump is still engaged when trying to start the engine and that is loading the starter. Does anyone know if the pump will be free running when the tractor is in neutral or better if all the load should be removed when a starting the engine of a normally adjusted 3112H?

UCD
Push in on the clutch when starting to see if there is a difference. Check the pulleys on the clutch are turning free and not freezing up. If the clutch is ingaged the hydro pump is ingaged. The control handle only directs flow of fluid.

D-17_Dave
The hydro should'nt put much drag on the engine unless it's stroked and the mowr tries to move when you crank it. if somethings loading I'd check things over good before much more use to see if you have other problems.