Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Steering Bushing

wantedinct

Hi all, Here's my problem, the steering bushing on my 2210 is tired. it's the rubber bushing thats in the dash and keeps the steering wheel from moving all over the place. Anyone else have this problem? Better yet....has anyone ever fixed this problem ? If so.......How? Thanks, Eric

Remove the steering wheel and replace the bushing. They're still available from the dealer. HINT: You can put a collar with a locking setscrew on the steering shaft just below the bushing to keep it from sliding down through the hole in the dash...

I have a collar under mine on a 2110, and it works just fine. As long as the brss sleeve isn't worn out it sohuld do the trick.

Thanks Kent !! it's all fixed! i didnt think the bushing was still available, but it is, and they had it ! there's a snap- ring under it to keep the bushing from sliding down. Thanks again, Eric

Good deal! Some of the shafts had snap rings and some didn't... or at least that's the case with the ones I've run across....