Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower deck belt help

CedarGrove

Howdy all. Bought my first simple tractor today...A B-10 (manufacture # 052699). It came with a mower deck but the deck was not on the tractor and the belt was missing as well. I poked around the belt x-ref table for a bit but didn't make much sense of it. Can anyone tell me what sort of belt I need to transfer power from the tractor to the mower deck? Cheers, Lewis

Lewis Welcome to the club. You didn't say whether you have the 32" or 42" deck. I strongly recomend that you purchase Simplicity belts for this application. 32" rotary mower. Cross drive belt# 108248 Type HA Length 48.1" Arbor drive belt# 156120 Type HA Length 63.1" 42" rotary mower. Cross drive belt# 174911 Type HA Length 44.1" Arbor drive belt# 1719819 Type HA Length 82.1"

Welcome to the club Lewis I hope you enjoy your B10 as much as I do mine. Do you have any pictures of it you can post?

Ahh. It's the 42. Thanks for posting all of that belt info and thanks for all of the warm welcomes. I'll try to have some picture in the next couple of weeks. The tractor seems to be in fair shape although the motor does smoke a bit too much. A rebuild is in the near future. The deck has been patched a couple of good times but I've been told it works fine. We'll see as soon as I can get it hooked up. I paid 350 for the whole shootin' match which seemed fair to me. Now I'm looking for a tiller attachment. Thanks again for the help. Lewis