Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new here

steelwheels

hello to everyone I am weaver martin.I am now using the computer for my business raising beefalo and decided to join your club after reading post for some time now.my boys and self have worked on our small tractors and cleaned a few up for friends and neighbors,mostly converting riders to steel wheels for the mennonite community where no rubber tires are permitted.the allis&simplicity lines seem to take to the steel wheels better than most but of course gearing means more than hp so often older is better no matter the color.your club has ansered many questions for us and we thank you.wm

Welcome aboard weaver! You are right, there is a powerful amount of experiance and info around here, and we all look forward to seeing some pictures of your creations.

Welcome Weaver: You will find a lot of great information here and a lot of good folks willing to help with information. Please share some pictures of the steel wheels Allis/Simplicity.:D

Welcome - Welcome: Id love to see a seel wheel AC/ Simpiclity. I dont know what Id do if I did not have to put air in some tire befor I start my day.

Welcome, You will enjoy it here! We've often thought about putting steel wheels on the rear to plow with but what do you do for the front?

thanks to all for the fine welcome.I would like very much to discuss everything but already awake much too long! weather is letting us plant and trying to get ahead before next rain,wed or thurs,then I will maybe have more time for tractor talking! wm

hello again.well we got about half the corn in and will not do any more until the lower ground dries out some.we used the horses mostly this year,take a lot longer but with the price of fuel we still come out better and they need to lose the winters fat anyway.yes the steel wheels are a hard ride on the hard road which is the main reason they are used,makes it hard for the young ones (and some others) to jump on and go to town.I use bothe,(I am black bumper mennonite and not so strict)and mostly prefer rubber myself but sometimes steel works best,like on ice and mud.they compact the soil too much though and probly won't be around too much longer.we started out eating beef only from the down cows and the like because the beefalo was for sale only,but the past few years we have take a feeder for ourself and now it would be hard to go back-best meat in the world ha ha! maxtorman-it is steel all around for the buggy bunch but you coud use rubber in front I guess for muck but steel is better on ice.Joe I do not know whose wheels those were-I would not know how to put a picture on here and do not own a camera of any kind.well to bed now after I throw the cows over the fence some hay.wm