Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BrendonV

trouble starting 728

BrendonV
After a year of sitting, i finally got around to getting a rear end for my Simplicity Broadmoor 728...got a complete rear end for only $10 out of an old mans front yard. i got everything together and go to start it and it just makes a click sound. i purchased a new battery and cleaned off all of the electrical connections...what is wrong??? please help ASAP!!! thanks, brendon

ROBBYDOB
Not familliar with the 728, but check the safety switches and what not. Sometimes if the starter has a flat spot from sitting, I turn the engine a bit, then try to turn it over. Good luck, update us. Rob

BrendonV
HEY, I AM VERY HAPPY NOW...just walked out and tapped the starter with a hammer and she is all good now...just goto strap her gastank back on and off we go for our one year reunion!!!