Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow Blade Question - Broadmoore 728

macisaac

I have a Broadmoore 728 with a front hitch.I am looking for a 42" Snow Blade that will fit. I have the opportunity to buy a blade from someone who has it currentky installed on a B-1. From what I can tell the B-1 is equal to the Simplicity 725. The xRef on what fits shows that not all the baldes that fit the 725 would fit the 728. Since the seller can not determine the Mfg # how would I know that this blade would fit my machine? What do I need to look for?

The blade itself would likely be the same, but the hitch that that attaches to the tractor and allows the blade to pivot from side to side would be different, as far as I can tell... The hitch points on a Broadmoor are closer together than on a Landlord as I recall...

This is the hitch you would need: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2395049781&category=50370&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1[/url] For your Broadmoor the hitch is about 9 inches wide where it attaches to the tractor. The B-1 style is about 11 inches wide. I stand corrected - Greg is probably right on the part numbers - I had looked at this for my 738 and by the measurements I think it would work. Sorry for the confusion.

I believe that the hitch in that ebay ad is for the Landlord/1700/2700 series tractors and also the Broadmoor/1600/2600 series tractors. The lift arm in the ad is for Broadmoor/LT/1600/2600 series.

Hi Andy, I take it your hitch came in the mail? Any Allis/Simplicity blade will bolt up to the hitch...

what is the over all length of the blade bracket that fit a b10? also what length is the bracket for 416?

Wouldn't this be the correct one? I have one like this on my B-208, which I thought was similar to the 728.

OK, I think I got it right this time. :) According to 'what fits' this is the plow and attachment for both 990577 and 990765 728s: [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_3524_00_AT_S.pdf[/url]

If the difference in the mounting points is 9 inches versus 11 inches, why not make two 1 inch spacers for centering and put a single rod through the whole assembly? Just asking because I am not familiar enough with the 728 to be sure it would work.

The hitch that Scott shows in his picture will fit: 515, 525, and 535 Serf tractors, 616, 627, 637, and 647 Yeoman tractors, 6 hp, 707, 717, 727, 728, 738, 3008, 5008 and 5010 Broadmoor tractors, B-207 and B-208 Allis Chalmers tractors, possibly the T-8 and T-10 Simplicity built Homelite tractors, although I'm not sure about the Homelites.