Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Great Tractors

Brucep

First let me say I love this site, besides it having interesting topics it has helped me out many times. Great site! I noticed a day or so ago that some one thanked some one else for making them a blade. I think the person called him Dutch. If any one knows of this person could you let me know, I'm wondering about getting a Dozer Blade for my old 3410, there used to be one in the family but it's gone now. Long story. I haven't priced a new one, but I know a used one is very pricy so a new one must be really out there. Just checking out some options. Thanks Bruce

Go to the top where is says resources, scroll to users -> All Users. Then select Dutch he will be the 4th one down from the top.

Think we all 'virtually' know Dutch, he's been here forever, plus a few days. What he has made up are belly mounted grader blades and John Holcomb makes up hitches for them. They are a great tool, but won't do the same type of a job as a dozer blade will which mounts on the front of the tractor.

her is some links http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30281&SearchTerms=holcomb http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29691&SearchTerms=grader+blade http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31074&SearchTerms=grader+blade I also thought about buying one of the blades and the hitches but the women says no for a little while. I've bought a lot of other parts lately.

quote:
Originally posted by Leroy
Go to the top where is says resources, scroll to users -> All Users. Then select Dutch he will be the 4th one down from the top.
Let's get this right. You have to be a MEMBER first to perform that function. You have to be a MEMBER to deal with Dutch.

quote:
Let's get this right. You have to be a MEMBER first to perform that function. You have to be a MEMBER to deal with Dutch.
No, not at all. Feel free to contact Dutch directly, if you can. But, you do have to be a member to use certain functions of the clubhouse to contact Dutch... Directory assistance isn't free any more, and long distance phone calls never were... why should this service necessarily be free?

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
[quote] No, not at all. Feel free to contact Dutch directly, if you can. But, you do have to be a member to use certain functions of the clubhouse to contact Dutch... Directory assistance isn't free any more, and long distance phone calls never were... why should this service necessarily be free?
(PLEASE)Lay off me.Kent. You're starting a fight again. Not being a MEMBER should have kept you off my back. For you new members, I was PAYING gladly here BEFORE it became fashionable and mandatory. Brucep wasn't shown as a MEMBER when his post was listed. That's all. Brucep couldn't use resources as stated by Leroy UNTIL he became a MEMBER. Dutch stated in previous posts the blades are only available to MEMBERS. Brucep wasn't or maybe still isn't a MEMBER so I let him know before the imminent rejection by Dutch. As usual, I don't care if this post is deleted.

quote:
Originally posted by Woodydel
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
[quote] No, not at all. Feel free to contact Dutch directly, if you can. But, you do have to be a member to use certain functions of the clubhouse to contact Dutch... Directory assistance isn't free any more, and long distance phone calls never were... why should this service necessarily be free?
(PLEASE)Lay off me.Kent. You're starting a fight again. Not being a MEMBER should have kept you off my back. For you new members, I was PAYING gladly here BEFORE it became fashionable and mandatory. Brucep wasn't shown as a MEMBER when his post was listed. That's all. Brucep couldn't use resources as stated by Leroy UNTIL he became a MEMBER. Dutch stated in previous posts the blades are only available to MEMBERS. Brucep wasn't or maybe still isn't a MEMBER so I let him know before the imminent rejection by Dutch. As usual, I don't care if this post is deleted.
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen... or at least stop complaining that the stove is hot....

Well, I didn't meen to start some thing here. I have been checking out this site and at times asking questions and getting answers for about three years now, and I have really apreciated it. When they asked for dues at the end of last year I considerd it because I apreciate the service so much. Then I thought, I only get on here about 4 or 5 times a year and usually that is from work because I work a lot and am busy with family which to me is the most important thing. I'm sure many of you feel the same. If the operators (or what ever you call them) of the site didn't want non paying people to be here then maybe they would have made it that way but they didn't. That could be a law, heck, I don't know. So, now that I have looked at the site for the first time this year (yes first time) and seeing the benifits of it I was again concidering paying dues and becoming a member. I am also thinking I mite get more free time which makes it more worth it. I'm still contemplating. I am also a Amateure Radio Operator and talk on the radio very seldome (1 or 2 times a year) and when I do talk on two meters I use the local repeater (which is kept up by members and volintiers) but I have not become a member of the local club. Maybe when I'm older and have more time and get to some of the meets and use the radio more I will join. Know one there seems to complain, or mind. They seem to understand that. I would sooner join this club then the Radio club because I have more interest in this, I am mechanically inclined and enjoy this and my tractor. I want to thank those who helped me out here with this question and the ones in the past and maybe the ones in the future and I apologize for causing any trouble. Bruce

Bruce, There's no need to apologize. You didn't "start something" -- there is a "long and colorful" history with the other person and the issue of dues. The site is intentionally set up the way that it is... so that non-dues paying members could access specific, yet limited portions of the site, because of cases of new or infrequent use, like yours.

Bruce, There are also some club members here that are into ham radios. We're always glad to see new people or seldom users like you. If I remember right, Dutch has no issues with selling blades to non-members, but I think he was giving a discount to members. I think the hitches are currently out of stock, but John was talking about another order if there was enough interest. Otherwise, there's always ebay; I just bought one off ebay for 162.50.

I've been a ham for 25 years now.I have been a member of the local club for the same amount of time.I don't have any problems with some one that uses the repeater 1 or 2 times a month but when they are on every day and for a long time each time I do get a little upset.We do have a few people that do that and when you ask about paying dues they say that they can use the frequency any time thay want.But they sure get upset when you turn off the reapeter.Bob member of the Green Bay Mike and Key Club K9EAM

Thanks for all the replies guys. Sure seems like a pretty good bunch of people around here. I can and do understand about people who over use a priveledge but don't want to take part in the responsibility like say here or ham radio. My fatrher in law introduced me to ham radio, he is retired Navy. Who knows you probably have talked to him. You guys that are on there a lot seem to run into each other and kinda get to know one another. I've got an old TS 520 in the basement that I figure some day I'll hook it back up and see what I can do with it again. Well, I'm done thinking about it, I'll see if I can find some time this weekend and get on here and become a member. I got looking at some of the pictures of the blade and thought if any one had any prints from one they fabricated I'm sure I could build one. I have access to all the tools I would need and I can get the steel. So, does any one have any prints? I think I would like to build a grader and a dozer blade. My tractor is a old 3410. Great tractor, I love it! Bruce

This is for Brucep. ONLY You were given suggestions to access this site which would not work for you. I just let you know those details. You have to be a PAYING member to follow those initial suggestions. While you're on here Brucep do a simple search. Click on DISCUSSIONS/SEARCH THE FORUMS Then put a space in the word search box, click on archived posts box and then select member name Woodydel. Yes, I am a member there but not here. You will see how much I have taken for free and how nasty a person I am in the tractor forum. You won't get the Coffee shop entries if you are not a MEMBER yet. By the way, I used the capitalization of MEMBER to imitate what you see below the dues paying members names but not mine. Kent sees it as a form of attack. But that's Kent for ya. Have a good time at this site.

Woody, If you don't want banned -- again -- you lay off. I responded quite tactfully to your first post, though you got the message. I'm posting this, here, visibly so EVERYONE understands what and why....

BruceP, I've looked up and found that most of the parts to get a new one look available. Yes, a new one will be expensive, around $400 with everything... that's if everything is really available. I am ordering a few bushings and the control arm for the tilt.