Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I can't beleive I done it

KenK

My last purchase was a 416h that I bought last week for $300. Well tonight I sold the engine out of it and the rear tires.Never thought I'd part out a perfectlly good running tractor.But $500 for the engine,I could'nt pass it up.I geuss I'm just partail to the A-C yellow,never have kept an orange one to long. Well here's what's left of the 416,I also sold the differential and right hub.So I got $300 in it and have $700 in returns and most of the tractor left.I wonder how much more I can milk out of it?:D

Don't think of it as tearing apart a good tractor -- think of it as an "organ donor" that can help several others stay alive...

I sold the engine parts out of a blown 416H and a few other mechanical parts & odds & ends, but all the sheet metal went into the scrap pile. No takers on the tin. My experience is the 300 & 400 series sell better complete rather than parted out as compared to the B series that does better in pieces. For $500 for the engine , I would have pieced it too as you are only looking at $300 or so more for the rest of the tractor complete. Still enough parts left to get that likely. If you got a 48" deck with it thats a plus. Good ones are bringing $300- $400. I've sold a couple of fixer uppers with cracked and pitted shells for $150-$250. They are that hard to find.

I cashed the check today so I should be $200 ahead,but I could'nt pass up a deal after work today.Ended up buying a B-207 that was a daily mowing machine.The engine has been replaced with an eight horse but other than that it's all original.Cost me $250 so now I'm down 50 again,oh well at least I'm back to yellow.:D

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Well, the obvious answer is to hold fuel.........
:D:D:D:D