Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Paint Breakthrough ???

Kent

I have found a source for Allis-Chalmers New Yellow (#3), MFG # 925110, used on the square-hood B-series... I have emailed them and asked if they can double-check the MFG numbers that they have listed, specifically looking for those used on the "round-hoods" (Old Yellow, #2) and the B-1 (#1), since they list several other MFG numbers for Allis yellow paint, and one of them is very close to the info I have (off by one number in the last position). http://www.vansicklepaint.com/mntcstmclrs.htm Here's the MFG Numbers that I have (courtesy of Cal Neely at Yankee Sales & Service): http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/paint_codes.htm And the corresponding Allis color chart: http://www.simpletractors.com/images/color_chart.jpg Van Sickle paints have a very good reputation with the "Big Allis" fans... We have at least partially "cracked the code!" They can match 925110 used on the B-100 and B-200 series!!!!!

Kent, I wrote them to see who the nearest distibutor is. Are you buying direct from them or trying to get them as a vendor listed on this site?

I'd buy enough of #925110 depending of course on the price we got to paint a 48" deck, a 42" deck, snowblower, and a touch up a B112. That might be a case... not sure how many are in a case.

I've followed up with another email trying to see what the minimum purchase would be to get it in spray cans...

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
I've followed up with another email trying to see what the minimum purchase would be to get it in spray cans...
Don't forget about those aerosol sprayers with the little glass jar on the bottom. I like them better than any rattle-can I've ever used. Now what was the name of those things...??? LOL Tacey

Tacey, They're Preval paint sprayers... http://www.prevalspraygun.com/ I asked for the minimum order on quarts of paint also.... :D Kent

If buying by the 5 gallon is a "much" better price, I have a local company that will arousol package whatever paint you want. For a price of course. Some supplers gauge you on these kind of extras, others don't. So I have an alternative if that becomes an ishu....By the way Kent, how do you spell isue?? it escapes me right now. I guese I'm just tired.

Any good auto paint store can computer match a non faded sample,or use paint code #'s,[of any color]and they can make spray cans too although they are expensive,,.that way you can get a high quality industial polyurethane instead of cheap enamel,for the same $15 per qt.,And get it done locally.

Just got this email reply Dear Maynard, Thank you for your interest in Van Sickle Paint Mfg. I would like to apologize for how long that it has taken me to respond to your inquiry. The Allis Chalmers Yellow paint #925110 that you are interested in, is the same as our stock color # 454 International Yellow. Unfortunately we do not have a dealer in your area. However, you are able to order this product through our distributor. They are P&R Supply and their number is toll free 1-877-227-5005. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 800-667-2468. If you do want to order this product you will want to refer to it as our stock color 454, so there is no confusion. Sincerely Gina Kuchta Sales & Marketing Coordinator Van Sickle Paint Mfg.

I received a similiar letter today: Dear Michael, Thank you for your interest in Van Sickle Paint Mfg. I would like to apologize for how long it has taken me to respond to your inquiry. Unfortunately we do not have a dealer in your area. However you are able to order through our distributor. They are P&R Supply and their number is toll free 1-877-227-5005. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 1-800-677-2468. Sincerely, Gina Kuchta Sales & Marketing Coordinator Van Sickle Paint Mfg.

Kent, In an effort to save yourself some money mabey if you asked them if you {the club} could become a distributor of only the yellow paint you would be able to get it at wholsale and save yourself a few bucks.

That will save us all money. I think we'd have to apply as a distributor... but that gets into the club Bylaws and Constitution.... It is still very interesting.

One last thought, maybe the club can be positioned as a buyer group like Costco/Price Club.... if you look at the info they hand out, if you Join Costco, you are really a member of a club. Perhaps we can make a club group order every Spring? Again very interesting idea.

Well I just ordered 2 gallon of yellow paint for my 200 series tractors.I thought that name sounded familiar,my local farm store handles vansickle paint.He told me it would be $45 a gallon and $9.99 a spray can,thats with his markup.Shipping will cost a little,the only way he could get a break on shipping is if he ordered 60+ gallons.This is going to cost half of what I've been paying so I'll see what it's like when it gets here.

Van Sicle is a very good paint. It is available around here at the local farm supply store (BIG R). Sprays great, comes in quarts and gallons as well as spray cans. It lays out flat and will not run, unless you thin it to much. The quart is like $7. I dont really recommend the spray cans, it seems to not hardin as well. A quart was just right for completly painting my 101.

quote:
Originally posted by pbrenner70
So a B210 uses Allis-Chalmers New Yellow (#3), MFG # 925110? is that correct?
As far as we can tell, you are correct... I'm still waiting on a response from them regarding matching the other paint codes, and minimum order quantities.... If I don't have to order too much at a time, I (Simple trACtors, LLC) might try to become a distributor and sell it from the Simple trACtors site... that keeps the club out of it, but still gives us the avenue to do something similar to group buying.

If they have a match for early B-10 paint let me know. Did they have anything for the cream paint?

They have two shades of cream for the Allis tractors, but to be honest I didn't try to cross-reference the numbers...