Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Simplicity

dbarhydt

Well I guess I stated my last post wrong.:( I have just about an acre to mow perfectly flat and a 75 ft driveway to blow. My local dealer has several New Simplicitys for between $2499. to $4599 What I really wanted to know was Is the quality still there on the new Simplicitys I figured they got to be better than the WalMart brand lawn mowers Etc. I can spend $3000 on the mower plus whatever a blower costs. I just did not know if the quaility is still there Or should I buy a Craftman or Cub Cadet Huskavarna etc.:)

While I have never owned a newer Simplicity I was very close to buying the Coronet , the one that looks like a turtle. I believe they have good quality and if I had not "seen the light" of older tractors I believe I would be the proud owner of the little red turtle.

IMO, the quality is still there. I personally think their quality is a bit better than Cub and comparable to a John Deere. IMO, they're a cut above the Craftsman/Husqvarna (which are essentially the same tractors in a different color) and much, much better quality than the Walmart variety... The problem is that to take that step up from Craftsman/Husqvarna costs quite a bit of $$.... IMO, a Regent may be too small for you (you decide) and a Broadmoor too expensive for the budget you've stated...

I think the John Deere as well as the Cub Cadets are just a touch better than the Simplicitys. John Deere tractors have that new "hydroformed" process they are using for stamping the frames.

I don't know what sort of lift set-up the new smaller Simplicitys have, but just because there are none other up here to look at I always look at the Sears and box store ones when I'm in the city. The way thier lift is set up for a blade or snowblower, I'd rather use a shovel then to aggivate myself with such a bone-head deal. The mowers/wannabe tractors that had Sams Club had last year had to made so you didn't need to store them for the winter, just take it to the dump, buy new next spring.

Have you considered browsing the classified ads on this club for a older tractor that might meet your requirments?

I have a 1998 Broadmoor(hydrostatic)and 1996 Landlord(gearbox). Both are great tractors^. Landlord was new and Broadmoor was used when I purchased them. Landlord is used year round and Broadmoor is used for mowing. The only problems I had with both tractors is a broken clutch spring on Landlord and hydrostatic trans problem on Broadmoor. Both still have orginal batteries in them:).