Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is a Sickle bar attachment difficult to ship?

Leroy

Has anyone done it? What are the concerns for shipping one? Is there a volunteer who would want to practice shipping one? Thanks for your input.

Its not all that bad if you remove the cutter bar assembly from the hitch/drive assembly and ship in two boxes. I take the pitman arm loose at the cutters, then pull the 4 bolts (or something like that) from the area above the big skid at the drive end of the cutterbar. Then the complete cutter bar assembly comes away. ....if ya'll are following what I'm sayin that is:D

I'm pickin up what your saying. Would you happen to know what model i would need for my 7117 soon to be 7116?

MFG # 785 or newer that uses the planetary gear drive rather than just simple idler pulleys to route the belt like the older ones did.

• 3 weeks later...
Havn't seen any around here for a while. Just have to keep eyes open in our travels....

I've got a B112 and a matching sickle bar; will that same setup work on a B10? Is the tractor length different from the mid-PTO to the front mounts? Is it as simple as a different belt?